-How are you?
-What date is it today?
-What`s the weather like today?
-What season is it now?
2. Let`s dance.
3. Warming up.
Answer the questions:
a) Please, name the spring months.
b) Name the summer months.
c) Name the autumn months.
d) Name the winter months.
4. Divide the class into group of four: winter, spring, summer. autumn
5. Think and guess.
Giving questions to the groups.
6.Using the critical thinking method `The Bus Stations`
choose the picture you like best and give it the name.
give the questions.
answer to the questions.
write a short essay using the answers to the questions.
read your essay.
7. Using the new method `JIGSOW`
a) Work with cards.
b) Our new theme is … .
c) Let us read.
d) Find your partner and talk with him\her about the text `Happy Birthday`.
f) Give the questions to the groups.
g) Poster: draw a picture of your family party with food on the table and any decorations, presents.
8. Giving home work:
- Song `Good morning!`
-We`re fine thank you! And you?
- Today is 24th of February.
- It`s cold today.
-It`s winter now.
- Doing morning exercises and dancing.
3. Thinking and answering to the questions:
a) March, April, May
b) June, July, August.
c) September, October, November.
d) December, January, February.
- Using the names of the months.
- Three months beginning with J__.
- This month has three letters ---.
- How many days are there in February?
- Find the months: mereDec
6. Play the game `The Bus Stations`
- Pictures of the seasons, then groups change over the pictures.
- Children give 3 or 4 questions to the picture, then groups change over the picture with the questions.
- Pupils answer to the questions, then groups change over the picture and the paper with the questions and answers.
- Pupils write a short essay using the answers to the questions.
- Children read their essay.
7. Play the game `JIGSOW`
a) Find their friends, ask them question ` When`s your birthday? ` and fill in the chart, then read your sentences.
Arman`s birthday is in February.
Nurzhan`s birthday is in February.
b) Pupils think and find the new theme:
c) Read out the text `Happy Birthday` yourselves on page 70.
d) Pupils find their partners using pictures of the presents, then they talk about the text `Happy Birthday`. they come back to their groups)
e) They come back to their groups and discuss the text.
f) Working with the group: answer to the questions:
- What colour is the bike?
- How many candles are there?
- What colour is the plane?
- How many balloons are there?
g) Doing posters and telling about it.
8. To write a short essay about
`My Birthday Party`
9. To write reflections.
`Two stars and a wish`
The names of the months and seasons.
Power point Pictures of the seasons and the paper A4.
Posters and markers.
The cards of the `Two stars and a wish`