Казахстан, г. Кызылорда
Средняя школа №198
Учитель английского языка
Бекенова Айнур Оспанкызы
Образовательная: активизировать лексику по теме;
Воспитательная: воспитать умение работать в коллективе;
Развивающая: развить у учащихся интерес к изучению английского языка; развивать грамматические и лексические навыки.
1. Организационный момент.
– Good afternoon, boys and girls! I am glad to see you. How are you?
Our topic today is London. Today we’ll speak about capital of UK – London. We’ll remember the places of interest of London, read about the sightseeing of London.
And I‘d like to begin our lesson with the phonetic drill exercises. Let’s train our tongues
2. Фонетическая разминка.
[ n ] London
[ t ] tower
[ d ] building
[ s ] street
[ p ] picture
3. Речевая разминка.
Well, a new task for you. You have some mixed words. But the letters are mixed. The task for you is to put the letters in these words in the right order. Is the task clear?
Put the letters in the right order and read the words:
4. Тренировка лексических навыков по теме.
Use the words from the blackboard and make up the word combinations or sentences with them. (Учитель предлагает учащимся составить словосочетания или предложения, используя слова, написанные на доске.)
- An old museum, an interesting museum, to visit the museum…
- Westminster Abbey…
- A famous monument, a monument to Admiral Nelson…
- To visit a theatre, a lot of theatres…
- To go to the stadium, a modern stadium…
- The Houses of Parliament…
- To go to the cinema…
- Art gallery, the Tretyakov Gallery…
- Trafalgar Square, Red Square…
- The capital of the UK, The capital of Kazakhstan…
5. Работа с текстом.
Before the reading text let’s read and act out the dialogue.
- Have you ever been to any museums in London?
- Of course, I have.
- I went to British museum a year ago.
- Oh, did you?
- I have not been there.
- Is it worth visiting?
- Yes, sure.
Work in pairs. Make up dialogues and act them out.
- Have you ever been to…?
- Of course, I have. / No, I have never been there.
- It’s worth visiting. / Come on!
- Let’s go to visit (see) …
-Yes, why not! I’d love to!
/ I’m afraid I can’t.
6. Совершенствование навыков чтения.
Now we are ready to make a small excursion to our capital: London. Are you ready? One of you come to the blackboard and read the one point of the text. All others listen to them very attentively.
Some people say it is the most beautiful place in London. In the middle of the Square stands a tall column.
It is a monument to Admiral Nelson. Four bronze lions look at the square from the monument. There are two beautiful fountains in the square.
It is more than nine hundred years old. There are many monuments and statues there, many English kings and queens are buried there. It is famous for the Poet’s Corner. In 1952 Queen Elizabeth was crowned there.
The Buckingham Palace.
The Buckingham Palace-is the Royal residence. It was built in 1703.It is now the official home of Queen Elizabeth. There are nearly six hundred rooms and 3 miles of red carpet. Buckingham Palace is like a small town, with a police station, a hospital, a bar, a cinema and a swimming pool.
The Tower of London.
The Tower of London is a very old building. It has more than 900 years old. English kings lived in it many years ago, but now it is a museum. It was a royal place and later a prison. The ravens are another famous sign. The legend says that without them the Tower will fall.
The main bell, officially known as the Great Bell, is the largest bell in the tower. The bell is better known by the nickname Big Ben. People can get inside the Tower to see the works of Big Ben.
7. Совершенствование навыков говорения. – Let’s play the game “Agree or Disagree”. Listen to my sentence, please. Repeat my statement if you agree with me and correct it if you disagree with me. You may look at the map of London at page 67. (Игра «Согласись или не согласись». Ученик повторяет утверждение учителя, если он согласен с ним, и исправляет предложение, если он с ним не согласен.)
1) Trafalgar Square is in London. (I agree with you. Trafalgar Square is in London.)
2) London is the biggest city of the UK. (I agree with you. London is the biggest city of the UK.)
3) There are a lot of places to visit in London. (I agree with you. There are a lot of places to visit in London.)
4) London is not a beautiful city. (I disagree with you. London is a beautiful city.)
5) London is one of the most interesting and famous cities in Europe. (I agree with you. London is one of the most interesting and famous cities in Europe.)
6) There are no Art galleries in the capital of the UK. (I disagree with you. There are some Art galleries in the capital of the UK.)
7) Big Ben is far from the Houses of Parliament. (I disagree with you. Big Ben is not far from the Houses of Parliament.
I completely agree with you. I disagree with you.
That’s right. That’s wrong.
That’s correct. You’re mistaken
8. Активизация грамматических навыков.
Put the words in a logical order:
England, capital, London, of the, is. – London is the capital of England.
Trafalgar, will, tourists, visit, square. – Tourists will visit Trafalgar square.
Bridge, want, to see, I, London. – I want to see London Bridge.
the museum, to see, a lot of, pictures saw in. – I saw a lot of pictures in the museum.
a) Home task;