МБОУ СОШ № 15
Зам. директора по ВР, учитель английского языка
- Активизация тематической лексики УМК 9 класса в устной речи учащихся в диалогической и монологической форме в процессе развития иноязычной компетенции школьников.
- Углубление знаний учащихся о стране изучаемого языка;
- Развитие умений и навыков учащихся выражать согласие и несогласие;
- Воспитание потребности расширять свой кругозор.
- интерактивная беседа.
- вопросно-ответная работа;
- подготовка сообщений.
- Раздаточный материал.
- Презентация по теме урока.
- Карта Лондона.
- Фотографии достопримечательностей.
- 1. Организационный момент.
T: Good morning children. My name is Nadezhda Sergeevna. What is the day today? What is the date today?
At our previous lessons we said that travelling is very often an important part of people’s life. There are many ways of travelling that attract a lot of tourists. And today I want you to elaborate upon this idea and prove this statement. Let’s start our lesson.(знакомство с целями и задачами на урок)
T: Read 2 poems.
Over the river, over the bay
Ferry-boats travel every day.
Watching the seagulls, laughing with friends.
I'm always sorry when the trip ends.
Over the mountains, over the plains,
Over the rivers here come trains.
Carrying passengers, carrying mail,
Over the country here come trains.
T:What shall we speak about?
2.Этап подготовки к усвоению новых знаний.
- 1. Фонетическая зарядка.
T: Repeat after me.
[ai]Kinds of transport, a bicycle, a motorcycle,
[ ]a plane, a train, , underground,
[ ]an airship, a hot-air balloon,
[ ]a helicopter, a spaceship,
a van, a double-decker bus, a ship, a boat, a horse, a car, commuters.
- Речевая зарядка.(карточки)
1) T: Agree or disagree.
-People’s life is impossible without travelling.
-There is only one way of travelling.
-Travelling by train has only disadvantages.
- Travelling by sea is not very popular.
-Hiking is very popular with young people.
2) T:Make up sentences:
- the min advantages of trains ( speed, comfort and safety in comfortable seats of the sleeping cars);
-to travel (by air, by rail, by sea, by road, on foot)
-to be the fastest and the most convenient way of travelling ( travelling by air)
-the most expensive way of travelling ( by plane)
T: What means of transport do you know?
( учащиеся перечисляют виды транспорта)
3 Введение лексики
T: Let’s read the text. ( просмотровое чтение)
City transport in Moscow
The metro is the fastest and most comfortable type of the city transport. The other means of transport in Moscow are buses, trolley-buses, trams, taxis. Some buses, trolley-buses and trams have conductors and some have cash-boxes. One should have the correct fare going by such means of transport. Many people have passes.
Public transport in London is expensive. The fare depends on the length of the journey. You cannot buy books of tickets in advance. Children under sixteen pay half, and those under five travel free. You usually buy bus tickets from a conductor, but on some buses you pay the driver. Most London buses are double-deckers.
On the underground railway («tube») you buy your ticket from a machine or a ticket office, and give it up at the end of the journey.
Not all trains from one platform go to the same place, so watch the signs. The last train leaves at about 00.15.
T: Answer my questions.(карточки)
- What are the main means of transport in Moscow and in London?
- What is the most comfortable means of transport in London and in Moscow?
- What is the nickname of London underground?
T: Agree or disagree with me:
1. The bus is the most modern kind of city transport.
2. Trams are usually empty during the rush-hours.
3. The main street of a town is usually found in its outskirts.
4. There is an underground railway in every British town.
5. The Thames divides Paris into two parts.
5 ( карта Лондона) Look at the map .
-What is the capital of the UK?
-What are the main sightseeing do you know?
(учащиеся отвечают с опорой на карту)
T: Let’s imagine that we are going to travel abroad. So, let’s travel around London to choose. At the beginning of the lesson you said people may travel by air, by railway, by sea. But these ways of travelling won’t suit us. And if we choose the London Tube we shan’t be able to see the most wonderful historical sights of this beautiful city, shall we? Of course we may take a trip on a boat along the Thames or go for a drive in a London double-decker or to take a coach tour. I advise you an unusual way to see London.
I mean the London Observation Wheel.
THE MILLENNIUM WHEEL OR THE LONDON EYE
- to be known as the London Eye (to be 135 metres high)
- one of the most remarkable sights of London
- an observatory in the form of a gigantic wheel
- to be the world's tallest observation wheel
- one of London's outstanding attractions
- to have 32 transparent pods (the Millennium Wheel)
- to carry 800 passengers at any one time (can)
- one can witness views for 45 kilometres around -- to be opened in the year 2000
- to work at a speed of about 0.5 kilometres per hour
- it takes 30 minutes to go right round once
- to attract a great number of visitors
( о чертовом колесе рассказывают учащиеся с опорой на выражения)
T: What can you see from the London Observation Wheel.
THE CLOCK TOWER
- to be of great interest
- to stand near Westminster Palace
- to be built in the 19th century (1858)
- to have four faces (the clock)
- to have a very loud bell
- to weigh more than 13 tons (the bell)
- Sir Benjamin Hall
- to be in charge of the building of the Clock
- Big Ben
- in honour of Sir Benjamin Hall (the tall man)
- to call the clock, its bell and the Clock Tower itself
- one of the most famous attractions in London
- Nelson's Column
- in the middle of the Square
6 ЭТАП ЗАКРЕПЛЕНИЯ ПОЛУЧЕННЫХ ЗНАНИЙ
Опрос детей по всему уроку (учитель задает вопросы, затрагивая все аспекты урока)
7 Выставление оценок
8 Задание на дом
THE LESSON IS OVER!