Тип урока: урок повторения и обобщения
Цель урока: развивать навыки монологической речи по теме «Выбор профессии», совершенствовать лексические навыки и расширить лексический запас учащихся.
Образовательные: развивать навыки устной и письменной речи; активизировать раннее изученную лексику по теме «Какими качествами надо обладать, чтобы найти достойную работу после окончания школы»; развивать навыки умения общаться на английском языке.
Развивающие: развивать интеллектуальные способности учащихся; формировать умение выделять главное, сравнивать и анализировать.
Воспитательные: содействовать профориентации учащихся, формировать потребности в практическом использовании языка.
Форма работы: фронтальная индивидуальная, групповая
Оборудование: проектор, презентация
1. Приветствие и организационный момент начала урока
Good morning, boys and girls. How are you? I’m glad to see you. Today we’re going to talk about the world of professions and to find out which of them will be top in the nearest future. The aim of the lesson is to think about and to decide what professions are modern and challenging. Young people have many opportunities when they leave school. It is very important for a person to make the right choice.
2. Фонетическая зарядка.
На экране стихотворение “Iwanttobe”. Учащиеся должны прослушать, прочитать и перевести стихотворение. (слайд 3)
I want to be
Some people often say to me:
“Have you decided what you want to be?”
I usually answer, “I don’t know,”
But it isn’t really so.
I want to win an Olympic race,
I want to see the Earth from space,
I want to travel to Katmandu
I want to be rich and famous, too.
I want to be on Hollywood’s screen,
I want to invent a new machine,
I want to be very clever and wise,
I want to win the Nobel prize,
But most of all, I want to be
Healthy and strong, and nice.
Can you name any successful people? For example, in your class or at school? I’ve chosen some people whom I consider successful. Let’s see, if you know them. (слайд 4)
Charlie Chaplin a famous actor, starred in silent films
Walt Disney a famous cartoonist
Bill Gates a founder of Microsoft
Jores Alferof the Nobel Prize in physics
David Beckham a famous football player
First of all, I’d like to remind you of the difference between the words: profession, job and occupation. (слайд 5)
Profession – a job that needs a special education and training.
Study the combination: by profession, choose smth as a profession. E.g: What is your mother by profession? Will you choose law as a profession?
Job – the regular paid work that you do for an employer.
Study the expressions: get/find, take/accept, Saturday/summer/holiday job. E.g: Did you work a holiday job this summer?
Occupation – a job or profession. E.g: What is your mother’s occupation?
Work – to do the job that you are paid for. E.g: work for the company; work as a secretary. What company does your father work for?
Now answer the questions. Look at the screen. (слайд6)
1. What is your mother by profession?
2. What is your father by profession?
3. Is it an easy matter to get a job nowadays?
4. What kind of job would you like to have?
5. What kind of job would you least like to have?
And now let’s learn what personal and professional qualities are important for a successful career. Let’s put the expressions in two categories: personal and professional qualities. I’ll give you the expressions to do this task. Put the words and expressions in 2 columns. (слайды 7-8)
Imaginative, well-organised, creative, responsible, persistent, inspirational, motivated, committed
Well-educated, able to work to tight deadlines, teamwork skills, telephone skills, competent, able to make decisions, able to solve problems, computer literate
What qualities are more important for a successful career? Work in pairs. Look at the pictures and choose 3 most important personal qualities and 3 most important professional qualities or skills for each job. (слайд 9)
-What are the most important personal and professional qualities for physicians? (teachers, lawyers, programmer, historian)
Well done! Now I’m interested in your plans for the future. What kind of job would you like to have?
6. Активизация использования лексики. Игра «Угадай профессию».
Now it’s time for a guessing-game “What profession is it?” I’ll describe you a profession and you will give me the word.
Here are some professions: programmer, cashier, architect, accountant, fashion designer, bricklayer, and translator. (слайд 10)
Listen to the definition of the professions, try to guess and name them.
1. someone who can count well and keeps the money records of a business
2. someone who makes walls with bricks
3. someone who designs clothes
4. someone who gets cash or pays out money in a shop
5. someone whose job is to design buildings
6. someone whose job is to manage a company
7. someone who changes spoken words from one language to another
We spoke about different jobs at the lesson. And now let’s check your homework. What was your homework? How do you think what professions are the most prestigious nowadays?
So, what conclusion can we draw? What can you say at the end of the lesson?
1. What points should we consider when choosing a career? (parents’/friends’ advice/opinion, someone successful example, personal interest, popularity of the job, qualifications/skills required, personal qualities and abilities, salary and bonuses)
2. What’s more important to you – earning lots of money or having a job you enjoy?
3. Do you consider the job of your dream prestigious?
4. What personal qualities do you possess to do this or that job?
5. What do you expect from your future job?
6. What do your parents advice you? Would you like to go into the same career as your parents? Why? Why not?
At home, please 1) write an essay “The job of my dream”.
2) describe important qualities for a manager, architect and traffic controller.
9. Подведение итогов урока. Выставление оценок.
Let’s sum up. Now you know – to choose a job you need to realize what you are interested in, what characteristics and qualities are necessary or important for these jobs. I’d like to say that we should develop certain traits, should have a plan, have and follow somebody’s example in life. Then we may become success.