– введение и первичное закрепление нового лексического материала по теме “Здоровье”;
– формирование умений и навыков устной речи, аудирования, чтения по теме
– воспитание потребности в практическом владении иностранным языком;
– воспитание интереса к своему здоровью, пропаганда здорового образа жизни.
– развивать способности к зрительной дифференциации, непроизвольному запоминанию, догадке о значении слов.
– раздаточный материал
– презентация в редакторе Powerpoint
I. Приветствие и организационный момент.
Good morning, children. How are you? Today we will talk about one of the most discussed topics nowadays – our health. (слайд 1) Thousand years ago ancient Greeks said: The first wealth is health. Health is the best wealth. So what are our aims for the lesson? They are:
to learn some new words and expressions about health;
to discuss the aspects of the topic;
to do different exercises.
Please, answer the following questions: (слайд2-3)
1. What good and bad habits can people have?
2. What sports do you go in for?
3. Are you dieting at the moment?
4. Is it important to care about your health?
5. How many hours a day do you sleep?
6. Do you eat a lot of sweets?
7. Have you had breakfast today?
III. Введение и отработка лексики по теме:
Now children write down and learn some new words concerning health. (слайды4-6)
Let’s do some exercises to remember the words better:
1) You will see the sentences with some words missing there. Put the necessary words into these sentences. (слайды7-8)
• Many people today think about their (health).
• My friend is very fat, because he eats (sweets).
• My brother gave up (smoking), now he doesn’t cough and has white teeth.
• (Eating high-fibre food) is very important for healthy nutrition.
• One of the ways to lose weight is (dieting).
• (Environmental influence) can cause many diseases like cancer.
2) The next task will be to match the word with its description. (слайд9)
the product made from flour that contains all the grain
lack of movement, passive way of life, doing nothing
eating only certain food or a small amount of food
the products containing less fat in comparison with the other
the effect caused by the surrounding conditions
Now I suggest you to practice reading. I’ll give you the text called “How to take care of health?” Your task will be to read, find the main idea and answer the questions then.
How to take care of health?
Nobody wants to be ill. Everybody wants to have a strong and healthy body to live an interesting life. There are some rules; we must keep to stay fit. The exercises and proper food are the most important of them. The exercises help us to keep our body healthy, because they make our muscles strong. They also help our body to work properly. Walks in the fresh air are also good for us. It is especially important during a school year, because students have to spend a lot of time inside, doing their homework and studying. A lot of parents want their children to go in for sports. Proper food is the second rule we should keep. It is better to eat less, but more often, try to keep a diet and not to eat plenty of sweet and fat food, not to eat late. Good sleep is also very important for those who want to develop a healthy body. If you are sleepy, you cannot concentrate and do things right, you get angry easily. It is not hard to keep all these rules, if to get used to it. They will help you to be healthy and fine all the time. You won’t need medical care and will never be ill.
What is the main idea of the text? You may use one of the proverbs that we read in the beginning of our lesson to define it. And now let’s check your understanding of the text. Here are some questions for you to answer (слайд10):
• What are the 3 main rules for a healthy person?
• What do the exercises do to our body?
• What is the proper food?
• Do you feel healthy?
• Do you keep all these rules?
V. Совершенствование навыков письма.
Herearesomesituations. Make up your own dialogues.
1. At the doctor
2. At the drugstore
VI. Совершенствование навыков устной речи.
Some children think a lot about their health. Others don’t.
What do you think about health and doctors? Give youropinions. (Слайд 11)
Now read and translate the next sentences. (слайд 12)
1. Active life makes you feel happy.
2. The quality of man’s life depends on his lifestyle.
3. An apple a day keeps a doctor away.
4. Health is better than wealth.
VII. Домашнее задание, подведение итогов урока:
So children, what can we say in conclusion of our lesson? (слайд 13)
Our lesson is coming to its end. Your homework will be to write an essay about health. Please use the plan: (Слайд 14)
• Is it important to care of your health? Why?
• What are the modern bad health habits?
• What are the modern good health habits?
• What do you do to be healthy?
Now our lesson is over, thank you for working hard – you have learned some new words and expressions about health, learned how to speak about your health.