Муниципальное бюджетное образовательное учреждение
Гимназия № 19 имени Н. З. Поповичевой г. Липецк
Конспект урока по английскому языку
в 9 классе
«Sports and Hobbies»
преподаватель английского языка
Жаглина Татьяна Владимировна
Цель урока: Совершенствование речевых навыков
Деятелъностная:Тренировать в аудировании, чтении и устной речи.
Содержательная: расширение знаний об экстремальных видах спорта.
· тренировка произносительных навыков;
· развитие речевых умений.
· воспитание положительного отношения к изучению иностранного языка;
· воспитание интереса к учению и формирование познавательной активности;
· формирование потребности в практическом использовании языка в различных сферах деятельности.
· развитие внимания, памяти.
· расширение объема знаний по теме;
· умение рассказать об экстремальных видах спорта.
· проявление интереса к изучению английского языка;
· формирование уважения учащегося к культуре изучаемого языка.
· осуществлять подбор аргументов для решения учебных задач.
· уметь оценивать результаты своей деятельности, анализировать собственную работу, планировать свое действие в соответствии с поставленной задачей. (Регулятивные УУД);
· уметь определять цель учебной деятельности, формулировать собственное мнение и позицию. Уметь с достаточной полнотой выражать свои мысли (Коммуникативные УУД);
· уметь систематизировать материал, сравнивать и рассуждать. (Познавательные УУД).
· умение осуществлять деятельность с учётом конкретных учебных задач.
· умение выполнять действие в соответствии с заданием;
· умение выполнять самооценку.
Оборудование: Компьютер, экран, презентация, раздаточный материал.
I. Организационный момент.
T: Good morning, boys and girls! I am glad to see you.Today we’ll speak about sports and hobbies. Write down the topic of the lesson. (2 слайд)
II. Фонетическаязарядка. (3 слайд)
T: Look at the list of sports/hobbies and their equipment, read and translate them, then underline the odd words out.
III. Речевая зарядка и проверка домашнего задания.
T: Talk about the reasons why people get involved in extreme sports. (3 – 4 высказывания)
IV. Актуализациянавыковустнойречи. (4 слайд)
1) T:Now read the list of skills/qualitiesand say which are needed for the above sports and hobbies.
Skills/Qualities needed: fit, patient, imaginative, courageous, good sense of balance, cooperative, strong, determined, good training, adventurous
e.g. You need to be fit and strong and you must also have a good sense of balance to go wind-surfing.
You need to be patient to do knitting.
You need to be fit, courageous and adventurous to go rafting.
You need to be patient to go fishing. You need to be patient to collect stamps. You need to be adventurous, courageous and have good training to go scuba-diving. You need to be strong, fit and courageous to go rock-climbing.
You need to be patient to do painting.
You need to be courageous and have good training to go sky-diving.
You need to be fit and cooperative to play football.
2) T:Read the following information and decide what hobby/sportwould be best/worst for each person, giving reasons as in the example. Then say which hobby/sportyou would like to do and why. (5 слайд)
1 Jim likes adventure a lot and is in excellent physical condition. He works well with others but he is impatient.
(I think that the best hobby for Jim would be rafting because you have to be fit and cooperative. I think that fishing would be the worst hobby for him because he isn't patient.
2 Antony is a very active person and quite fit, but he can't afford to buy expensive equipment.
3 Peter is a very energetic person who enjoys taking risks. He loves anything to do with the sea.
4 David is very adventurous. He loves being close to nature, especially in the mountains.
2. I think that the best sport for Antony would be football because you have to be fit and don't need expensive equipment. I don't think scuba-diving would be the best hobby for him because it's expensive.
3 I think the best hobby for Peter would be scuba-diving because you have to be energetic and courageous to do that and Peter loves the sea too. I don't think painting would be the best hobby for him as it requires lots of patience.
4. I think the best hobby for David would be rock-climbing because you have to be courageous to go rock-climbing and he loves being close to nature. I don't think stamp-collecting would be the best hobby for him because he wouldn't be close to nature and it's not an adventurous hobby
V. Активизация навыков аудирования и устной речи.
T: Read the table, then listen to the tape and fill in the missing information. Finally, looking at the table, talk about each sport. (6 слайд)
Radio Host: This is Mandy! And a very good morning to all you listeners out there. Today, on our weekly sports programme, we have Barbara Clooney, a windsurfing instructor, and John Clarens, who at the tender age of sixteen is the reigning skateboard champion. We also have with us Larry Cooper who runs his own parachuting school and folks, no introduction is needed for Samuel Bull, basketball star and teen idol. Right Barbara, first things first. What kind of equipment is needed for windsurfing?
Windsurfer: Well, a board obviously. A wet suit would also be a good idea for anyone planning to windsurf in cold water.
Radio Host: And what does this sport offer?
Windsurfer: Naturally, it's a great way to keep fit and I also find it particularly relaxing On the other hand, however, windsurfing is an expensive sport lessons and equipment cost a lot.
Radio Host: Mmm. So what talents or skills does one need?
Windsurfer: Oh, the beginner has to be very courageous and determined. There are some dangerous currents outthere! Since the beginner also has to learn to stand on hisboard, a sense of balance is definitely needed.
Radio Host: I see. John, now tell us a bit about skateboarding.
Skateboarder: Skateboarding is for the young at heart. All you need is a skateboard, some knee pads and a helmet for protection.
Radio Host: Why skateboard. John?
Skateboarder: It's fun! And don't forget, it's cheap too! The only problem is that you can hurt yourself, but if...
Radio Host: So I would imagine. And like windsurfing. I suppose you would need a good sense of balance
Skateboarder: Yes, and you do have to be fit, especially if you intend on doing jumps and spins.
Radio Host: I see. Thank you, John. Now, Larry, what in heaven's name attracted you to parachuting? What do we need apart from a parachute? Would you call it a safe sport?
Parachutist: Actually, all you do need is a parachute and you can be guaranteed the most thrilling experience of your life. However, now for the cons Parachuting is in fact a risky sport. I don't have to tell you why! And because of the lessons, it is also a very expensive sport. What you need is to be courageous. And to reduce the possibility of accidents, good training is absolutely essential. Moreover, anyone who might be interested in taking up sport, should definitely be fit.
Radio Host: Now to something a little less adventurous but no less exciting Basketball! Over to you, Samuel.
Basketballer: Hey, basketball's for everyone. Rich, poor, young, old. Get yourself a ball, some trainers, a pair of shorts and you're set.
Radio Host: What do you like about basketball?
Basketballer: It's interesting. There's no chance of getting bored while you're playing or watching the game. It's cheap too! Just get a ball and a bunch of people who can play. The only problem is that it is tiring as you have to keep running up and down the court.
Radio Host: What skills do you need?
Basketballer: Oh, since you're part of a team, you need to be cooperative and, like for most sports, fit. If you want to play the game well, good training is also advised.
Radio Host: Oops. Sorry folks, run out of time. But not before we give our guests a very warm thank you.
T: Let’s check your answers.(6 слайд, по щелчку)
VI. Активизация грамматических навыков.
1) T: Look at the sentences, identify the to-infinitive, the infinitive without to and the -ing form and say how they are used. (7 слайд)
1 You should wear a life-jacket when you're sailing.
2 He doesn't mind waiting for hours for fish to bite.
3 I would like to play football.
2)T: Say whether the following go with the to-infinitive, the infinitive without