Тема урока: «Teen life»
1. Совершенствование навыков устной речи.
2. Обсуждение актуальных тем подростков в современном обществе.
3. Воспитание толерантного отношения к мнениям других людей и умения высказывать свою точку зрения.
1. Совершенствование лексических и грамматических навыков в устной речи.
2. Развитие умения понимать основную идею текста.
3. Развитие способности к распределению внимания, к догадке; к сравнению и сопоставлению.
Today we have the open lesson on the theme «Teen life».
What we are going to talk about?
Teen life, their problems, how to have successful teen life, about a choice of the jobs in the future.
II Речевая зарядка/ Warm up
1. T. Now we will watch the video about the teen problems, teen stress in High school.
What do you think what problem they have?
2. Look at the board and say what problems do you have in everyday’s life. Choose some situations or give yours and explain why, give reasons for your viewpoint.
3. Can you be a psychologist? What would you do if…
Match the beginnings and endings of these sentences.
1. If my friend told me to try smoking…2. If I wanted to have more pocket money…3. If I had bad marks at school…4. If my parents didn’t understand me…5. If I had too much homework…6. If I were too shy…7. If I didn’t like some boring subjects…8. If I hadn’t got any friends…
A. I would learn some subjects better. B. I would refuse. I think it is stupid to smoke only because you want to be alike your friends.C. I would begin to change. I would try to be more sociableD. I would try to find a job as soon as possible.E. I would work at my character. I would offer my help to someone who needs my help. I think we would become friends.F. I would try to find something interesting, something unusual in these subjects.G. I would ask some of my teachers to speak to my parents.H.I would learn to devise my time correctly. I wouldn’t lose it watching TV and chattering on phone but I wouldn’t give up doing sport, reading, dancing and music.
4. There is some advice of psychologists. Let’s read and remember.
1.To solve these problems there are some steps.
How to have successful teen life?. Do you know what steps there are? Read these steps, choose one and explain what does it mean?
Now we will listen to the text about Tiffany Bell. She lives in south London.
There are eight mistakes in the text. Can you guess what are they.
V Лексика/ Vocabulary
1. There a lot of job requirements needs for success. Look and find Russian equivalents to the words and expressions in this chat. Work in pairs. Then compare their visions in groups and find the best translations.
A sharp mind, Ambition, Creativity, Numeracy and literacy, Artistic ability, Dedication, Administrative skills, Individuality, Initiative, Ability to work to tight deadlines, Physical strength, Teamwork skills, Leadership, Ability to work under pressure, Flexibility.
2. Classify the items to the categories: skills, abilities, qualities.
complete the chart:
Numeracy and literacy
Ability to work under pressure
Ability work to tight deadlines
1.Look at the photos. What can you see? What do they think about?
2.What would you like to get from your job? \ Individual work\ - Write a list of your expectations in term off: • Satisfaction • Salary • Workload/ intensity • Leisure time • Additional benefits • Holiday Use the example for Ss answer: Ss: e.g. I’d like to be able to buy everything. I’d rather have flexibility working hours than stay in the office from 9 to 5.
I’d like to have a high salary.
3. Think of the job you would like to choose and answer the questions:
1. What qualities do you have/lack?
2. What do you like/ dislike about these jobs?
3. Which job may suit your wish list and personal qualities?
4. What requirements do you have in the job?
Expressing preferences and giving reasons:
• I’m rather…
• I’d prefer…
• If I had my way, I’d….
• In my case…
• What I’m more concerned with is…
• The reason why…
• Because of that….
VII Подведение итогов,оценка знаний учащихся/ Conclusion
What did we do at the lesson? What interesting information did we get?
VIII Домашнее задание/ Homework.
Imagine you went on holiday with a friend. Write your diary.
Where did you go? Who did you meet? What did you do?